We’ve got a patch for you that contains a tonne of fixes but also some new content for you to enjoy, check out the change list :
- fixed open door hack
- fixed noclipping
- added revolver – default blueprint
- removed 9mm pistol as a default blueprint
- added metal bars you can put in windows
quality slider has much more of a significant impact on performance (needs work, maybe tomorrow)
- disabled cursor hack for linux, which should hopefully fix crazy cursor issues.
- server -datadir is now used for config files. Server owners should move their cfg folder inside.
- -datadir default is now “serverdata/”. If not using -datadir previously, server owners should move their saves into the new folder.
- added server rcon, runs on queryport and uses the same protocol as source servers
- console now reports an error when command isn’t found
- console variables now show their values when typed into the console
- changing a console variable will now print the change
- ‘ban’ now accepts a second optional argument, reason
- ‘banid’ now accepts <username> <argument>
- ‘status’ now shows the connected players
- ‘banlist’ shows all banned users
- ‘banlistex’ shows all banned users, with names and reasons
- ‘removeid’ unbans a user by steamid
- ‘say’ allows the server admin to talk to all connected clients
- research kit no longer requires paper
- research kit has a random amount of uses (1-3)
- shelters now use a single mesh instead of compound colliders
- made explosives require metal to craft
- improved pipe shotgun sound
- lowered shadow distance to a realistic level, should help with jittery shadows
- weapon sounds are slightly randomized so each shot isn’t identical to the last
- stopped looting through walls
- adjusted clock sycronization
- fix attempt to ghosting
- servers start up faster
- pipe shotgun now visibly ejects a shell on reload
- bolt action bullets are visible during reload
- fixed bug where respawning frequently could cause you to get stuck and have to reconnect due to invisible respawn screen.
- bruteforce rcon guessing is punished
Known issues :
- Laser sight and flashlight have incorrect angles on the Bolt Action Rifle, and the Revolver – Putting a silencer on the weapon in addition will solve this problem for now
In Addition we’re wiping all official servers to get rid of all the duped items now that we’ve fixed that issue
We’ve rolled out a few patches today but it’s mostly boring security related stuff. We’re aware of the exploits/hacks currently in the game and are working to resolve the issue. In addition there is a minor content patch that will appear on the dev servers tomorrow morning, and if all goes well, the live servers tomorrow evening.
Just a little note, if you only see one or two servers in your server browser it is likely because you opted into the developer branch. You may have done this during the auth issues a few weeks ago when the dev version was the only one that worked, and never bothered to opt back out. Sometimes when we roll out a patch on the developer branch the server/client become incompatible with older versions, thus we limit the servers visible to the ones that will work.
If you encounter this or you do not wish to participate in the dev beta, make sure rust is closed, and then simply right-click on rust in steam, go to properties -> betas tab -> “None – Opt out of all beta programs”
Appears they got it all cleaned up. My Rust server has been up consistently for several days now. About time
From the Rust website:
Happy New Year everyone!
We’re excited to get back to improving the game in the new year! And thanks to everyone for their patience throughout last week.
Also, a big thanks to MuchDifferent for assigning their engineers to help solve the problem(s) as quickly as possible.
See you all in-game!
The Rust servers have been patched and are back online again, who knows for how long though. Seems now that the game is fixed the hackers have moved on to playrust.com as it’s now down.
Found this statement that they will be removing zombies soon. Makes sense I think. Breaks about the only tie with DayZ.
Around this time we came to the conclusion that we were sick of zombies, and after taking a look at the game decided that we didn’t even need them. There are already enough ways to die. So we removed them.
Yet another exploit has been found in Rust’s libraries. While the servers were up for a few hours they are now crippled again. Just waiting on a fix. I imagine the developers over at Rust are getting burned out by their short post.
We Know. It’s a new one, and we’re working on it again. More news as soon as it’s available.
Seems they still cannot get it resolved. Server providers are not offering any breaks on billing either.
If you have any information about the DDoS attacks, please email me at email@example.com
We already have quite a bit of information – but we’re looking for people to confirm suspicions. So if you have any information on who is attacking us, how they are attacking us, or where they’re attacking us from – please let us know on the address above. Even if you think you’re repeating what we already know it can be very useful to us because it will add weight to them.
If the attackers want to contact us on the above address to work with us to fix exploits then feel free.. but please don’t expect anything in return. Attacking us is not the way to get what you want. In fact, it’s a pretty good way to guarantee that the opposite will happen.
Hey all, we’re still working hard with MuchDifferent to solve the attack issues. We’re really sorry about the downtime and are working to have it resolved as soon as possible. We’re doing our best, and as usual we will post new information as soon as possible. Thanks for playing everyone.
I have updated the server browser to only display a subset of servers, in a paged manner. This should solve the lag we were having when it was listing 2,000 servers. Let us know in the comments if I totally broke something while doing this. I changed the chat text colour too.. but I didn’t have time to do anything else today, sorry guys
As mentioned in the previous post, Helk and Pat are working with MuchDifferent to try to reduce the impact the DDOS attacks can have on Rust. We could not be happier with the dedication they’re showing us right now (doubly so considering it’s the weekend, and the holidays)
The attacks are still happening on and off. We’re doing everything we can to stop them from happening – and will hopefully have a longer term solution in place in the next few days. We once again apologise for them. Lets get through this together