Over the weekend, Cyberpunk 2077 developer CD Projekt Red dropped a new update for PC, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 5. The update addressed quite a few of the more game breaking bugs and other issues that the day one patch neglected to fix. Cyberpunk 2077’s quest system was also fixed in the most recent update 1.04.
The patch was announced via a tweet from CD Projekt Red, stating “New hotfix to #Cyberpunk2077 is now live on PlayStation consoles and PC. For Xbox systems, we are working to have the update out as soon as possible.”
Since its release, Cyberpunk 2077 has been plagued by issues, including an unwelcome peep show (character’s genitals being seen through clothing) and stabilization problems. Unfortunately, the protruding penises have not yet received a fix but the stabilization issues, though not shown in the patch notes, have seemed to have been smoothed over.
Other fixes included in the update have reduced vehicle appearance pop-in, the weapon preview during crafting, cinematic animation issues, and adding a toggle to remove copyrighted music which was not working as intended at launch.
A very large concern over seizure triggering flashes has forced CD Projekt Red to modify the “flashing effect on braindances to reduce the risk of inducing epileptic symptoms. The effect has been smoothed out and the flashes reduced in frequency and magnitude.”
Quests in Cyberpunk 2077 will continue being tweaked and optimized in order to ensure players can either complete or re-track them. The following are the patch notes for update 1.04.
Cyberpunk 2077 Update 1.04 Patch Notes
- Fixed an issue with completing the final objective in Gig: Freedom of the Press.
- Fixed an issue with starting a conversation with Johnny at the end in Life During Wartime.
- Corrected a rare issue with NPCs no longer calling V if A Like Supreme quest was abandoned mid-way.
- Fixed an issue with Nix not going into his default state in Spellbound and KOLD MIRAGE.
- Fixed issues blocking progress in I Fought The Law if the quest area is left.
- Fixed inability to find Delamain in Epistrophy.
- Fixed issues related to remaining in the second phase of the quest after finishing Pacifica fight with Ozob if played after Finals.
- Fixed an issue with Nomads no longer present if V leaves the quest area mid-combat in With a Little Help from My Friends/Queen of the Highway.
- Adjusted mappings and re-enabled quest tracker in Map Tann Pèlen/I Walk the Line/Transmission.
- Fixed constraints on freedom to get up and sit down if neither blueline condition is met in Violence.
- Fixed issues with time and space resulting from leaving the quest area or abandoning the quest in Following the River.
- Fixed an issue with a conversation with Johnny not starting after leaving the hotel in Tapeworm.
- Fixed an issue with quest being blocked upon leaving the quest area before climbing the hill in Following the River.
- Fixed the objective “Go into booth 9” not completing if the room’s entered too fast in Automatic Love.
- Fixed Jackie’s issues with sitting still in The Ripperdoc.
- Other quest fixes
- Fixed the preview in weapon crafting.
- Reduced vehicle appearance pop-in.
- Speeded up switching from first-person perspective to third-person perspective in a vehicle.
- Fixed issues with animations missing from important quest NPCs during cinematics.
Performance & Stability
- Improved stability, including various crash fixes.
- Modified the flashing effect on braindances to reduce the risk of inducing epileptic symptoms. The effect has been smoothed out and the flashes reduced in frequency and magnitude.
- Removed copyrighted songs incorrectly present in the game with the “Disable Copyrighted Music” feature toggled on.
- Switching language to default in the in-game settings now correctly sets it to the language of your Steam client.
- Improved reflections quality on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 to eliminate the smudge effect.
- Fixed “The Wasteland” achievement being stuck on 97% after completing all relevant missions in The Badlands on Xbox.
- Fixed an issue with missing PT-BR VO for Xbox players in the Americas.
Update 1.04, as of yesterday, has also gone out to Xbox consoles.
CD Projekt Red has issued a formal apology for how the game has been at launch and beyond, promising to continue to fix issues as soon as possible. They’re also giving refunds to dissatisfied customers who don’t feel the game has lived up to their expectations.
OSG News & Deals Newsletter
Get the latest gaming news, reviews, and deals sent to your inbox, FREE!