How do I change where my game files are stored?
Method 1. Manually Move PC Games to Another Drive - Microsoft Solution
- Go to Settings, click "Apps", and select "Apps & features".
- Find the games that you downloaded from the Microsoft App store, click it, and select "Move".
- Click the drop list to select a new drive (such as D), and click "Move".
How do I change the location of my game saves?
How to Change the Default Save Location on Windows 10 and 11
- Head to System and select Storage.
- Next, click on Advanced storage settings and select Where new content is saved.
How do I change where I put my games?Click the gear icon in the top-left corner and open Settings > Installing, updating and select Game installation folder. Choose your preferred location and future games will be saved here. We can also manipulate this feature to move downloaded games to a new location.
How do I move my game Library to another drive?In the Games list on the left, right-click the game you wish to move, then click the Properties option. In the Local Files tab of the Properties menu, press the Move Install Folder option. Select the library folder you wish to move to in the Move Install Folder window, then press the Move Folder button.
Where are games saved on C drive?By default, the Microsoft Store games are downloaded to C: > Program Files > WindowsApps. If you have changed the default download location for apps, you can go to Windows Settings > System > Storage > Change where new content is saved to check the current storage location for apps on your computer.
Move installed software / Game to another drive in Windows 10/11
Should games be saved on C or D drive?Using the D drive for games is recommended, as the C drive contains system data and operating system files. Any loss to the system causes a loss of the C drive data, which causes a loss of game data stored in it. If games are saved on the C drive, the drive will turn slow, affecting the system's performance.
Can I move game files from C to D?Run the games transfer software, choose "App Migration" and then click "Start". On the left bar, choose the original drive where your game programs are installed, locate the games and tick the checkboxes. Click the triangle icon to choose the target drive as the file path. After all the selection, click "Transfer".
How to move game files to another drive without losing data?Open Origin and head to Origin > Application Settings > Advanced. Under “Downloaded Games”, click the “Change” button and direct it to the folder on your new hard drive. Don't worry, this only affects newly-installed games, so your current library will not be affected.
How do I move games from C drive to D drive Windows 10?
Move Programs in Apps & Features
- Right-click Windows icon and select "Apps and Features". Or Go to Settings > Click "Apps" to open Apps & features.
- Select the program and click "Move" to continue, then select another hard drive such as D: drive to move the selected app to and click "Move" to confirm.
How do I change where my Xbox games are installed on my PC?
Solution: Change the installation location for your games and apps
- Select the Start button in the lower-left corner of the main screen.
- Select Settings > System > Storage.
- Under More storage settings, select Change where new content is saved.
- Under New apps will save to, select the system drive for your device.
Can you change game files?The easiest way to edit a game file is with a simple text editor such as Windows Notepad or Wordpad.
How do I change the destination of an app?
Moving Windows Store apps to another drive
- Open Settings.
- Click on System.
- Click on Apps & features.
- Select the app you want.
- Click the Move button.
- Select the destination drive from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Move button to relocate the app.
Where is game mode in settings?
Xbox services are having issues
- Press the Start button , type Settings in the search box, and then select Settings.
- Choose Gaming > Game Mode.
- Turn Game Mode On or Off.
Where are my game data stored?All Saved Games are stored in your players' Google Drive Application Data Folder. This folder can only be read and written by your game - it cannot be viewed or modified by other developers' games, so there is additional protection against data corruption.
Can I move storage from D to C drive?For example, if both the C and D drives are SSDs and are adjacent to each other, you can merge them to expand the capacity of the C drive. If you want to expand space in the C drive, merge the C drive with the D drive and then reallocate the disk partition for both drives.
How do I move space from D to C drive?
About This Article
- Open Computer Management as an administrator.
- Click Disk Management.
- Right-click the D drive and select Extend Volume.
- Choose how much space to allocate.
- Click Next and then Finish.
How do I change from D drive to C drive?
How to Move Space from D Drive to C Drive Windows 11/10/8/7
- Right-click on the D: ...
- Select the target partition - C: drive and drag the partition panel rightward to add the free space from D: ...
- Click the "Execute Task" button and click "Apply" to start the process of moving free space from D:
Can I move game files to an external hard drive?Open Windows Explorer and create a folder on the external hard drive where you'll store your games. Step 2. Head to your current Origin folder and find the folder for the game you want to move. Copy it to the new location, and delete the old files.
Can game files be stored on a hard drive?Of course, your storage drive stores your games and any preloaded files for online gaming. You need enough space to store your games and any other data you want to keep on your computer. Hard drives (HDDs) and solid state drives (SSDs) both store data, but the technology between the two is different.
How do I move games from hard drive to SSD?
How to Move Games to SSD without Reinstallation [Full Guide 2023]
- Move Steam Games to SSD with Free Steam Game Mover Tool. ...
- Move Steam Games to the SSD with "Move Install Folder" Feature.
- Move Steam Games to Another Drive with Steam Library manager.
- Move Steam Games to the SSD by Copying Steam Games Folder.
Can I move game on D drive?Find the games that you downloaded from the Microsoft App store, click it, and select "Move". Step 3. Click the drop list to select a new drive (such as D), and click "Move".
What is C drive vs D drive?Your C:\ drive is the drive that your Windows operating system is installed on. Meanwhile, a D:\ drive is a secondary drive (or partition) installed on your system. C and D don't stand for anything, and D: is simply the automatic letter assignment for the next drive added to your system after the primary C:\ drive.
Is D drive slower than C?If both volumes are on the same HDD, then the D volume that has the lowest sectors will be faster than the C volume. That's decided by the physical location of the volume on the hard drive.
Where is the best place to store games on PC?If you are installing Steam games, then by default they go to the x86 folder. However, if you have a separate data drive, you should create a Steam folder and install into that. Then if you ever need to re-install Windows, you will not need to re-download your games . .. Power to the Developer!
← Previous question
Why is 144 Hz better?
Why is 144 Hz better?
Next question →
What is the storyline of Call of Duty: World at War?
What is the storyline of Call of Duty: World at War?