Last Modified: September 10, 2020
Welcome to Old School Gamers (OSG). Trust is a cornerstone of our mission at OSG. We are committed to gaining and maintaining your trust by following a core set of privacy principles:
TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you use OSG, we collect a few different types, or “categories,” of information. This information generally falls within three broad categories: (a) the information you provide to us, (b) the information we collect automatically when you use our services, and (c) information we obtain from other sources. We describe this information, and the primary purpose for which it is used, below. The full description of how we use the personal information we collect is also provided below.
Information You Provide To Us
OSG collects information you provide to us, including:
- Registration Information. When you register for certain services, complete any application form, or enter contests or competitions, we sometimes ask you for your name, email address, postal address, demographic information, and any preferences that you may have (e.g., which newsletters you would like to receive). We use this to provide access to certain OSG services, personalize them, and remember your preferences.
- Billing and Payment Information. When you place an order with us or access a particular service, we will collect certain payment and identity verification information, including your name, email address, and credit card information. We use this to bill you for your use of OSG.
- Information You Post on OSG. We collect personal information from you when you provide or post information to our Services, including your user name, comments, likes, interests, status, pictures and references to your online presence. We make this information available to others, as you request.
- Correspondence You Send Us. When you contact us directly by calling our offices or providing feedback, comments or suggestions on programs and other activities, we may collect the information you provide as part of your correspondence to Us. We use this to provide services to you and to learn about your interests and concerns.
- Information You Provide About Others. Sometimes, you may provide information about others — for example, to refer a friend to OSG. We use this to make OSG available to the people you refer.
Information Collected Automatically Through Cookies and Other Online Tracking Technologies
We and our service providers operating on our behalf, other businesses who collect information on our pages, may automatically collect or receive certain information associated with you and/or your device(s) as part of your use of OSG through device-based tracking technologies such as cookies, pixels, tags, beacons, scripts or other technology. The information we collect automatically includes geolocation data, such as (a) information that identifies the precise location of your mobile device (when you agree to allow an app to collect this) and (b) your IP address, which may be used to estimate your approximate location. We use this information to ensure that OSG works properly, and to deliver customized content and advertising, including personalized ads, to you.
Information We Obtain From Other Sources
OSG collects information about you from other sources, such as publicly available databases and other third parties that have the right to share your personal information. The categories of information we get from these other sources include:
- Contact information, such as name, email address, postal address, and telephone number, used to contact you;
- Demographic data, such as age, gender, and income level, used to customize content and advertising, and learn about our audiences;
- Activity and usage information, including information about your interests, purchase behavior, and other navigation data, such as websites visited and advertisements viewed or clicked on, used to customize content and advertising;
- Publicly-observed data, such as activities on blogs, videos, and other online postings used to customize content and advertising;
- Employment-related data, including information from a recruitment agency if you are applying for a job with us used to help us match applicants to open positions;
- Account and profile data from third-party sources. If you access third party social networking services (e.g., Facebook, Twitter) through OSG, or if you access OSG through one of these services, we may receive your username and other information available about you or collected from you on those services, used to customize content and advertising and learn about our audiences and the popularity of our content, as described further in our Video Services and Social.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Make OSG available to you, verify your identity when you log in, and remember your account settings.
- Send you updates and other offers, promotions, or updates for our products and services or the products and services of our advertising partners.
- Verify your entry into and eligibility to participate in contests, giveaways, or sweepstakes and inform you if you’ve won. If your entry information will be used for any other purposes, we will disclose that in the applicable rules governing that contest, giveaway, or sweepstakes.
- Provide content recommendations tailored to your tastes.
- Monitor and improve the operation, delivery, and general accessibility of OSG
- Verify delivery and track performance of an advertising campaign and ensure that an ad is only delivered when a real person is visiting the site and that the same users don’t see the same ads too frequently.
- Provide you with personalized advertising on some of OSG based on your online activity.
MANAGING YOUR INFORMATION AND PRIVACY CHOICES
You have certain options and rights related to the information we collect and how that information is used. While we must continue to collect and store certain information that is required to allow you to take advantage of certain features and services offered on OSG or to comply with legal, financial or other operational or regulatory requirements, your options for managing your information and privacy choices include:
- You can review and update your registration information through your account settings on OSG.
- You can deactivate web and mobile push notification by changing the notification settings on your device for mobile and account settings for web.
We are committed to protecting your information. We have adopted commercially reasonable technical, administrative, and physical procedures to help protect your information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, and alteration. Please note that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We want you to feel confident using OSG but we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
PRIVACY PROTECTION OF CHILDREN
Most OSG are intended for a general audience and do not knowingly collect or store contact information about children under the age of 13 in the United States or the appropriate age for services directed toward children as defined under applicable laws in other jurisdictions. Some OSG services may ask for your full date of birth date to ensure that they are not collecting information from children under 13 in the United States or the appropriate age for services directed toward children as defined under applicable laws in other jurisdictions or to identify when additional steps may need to be taken when information has been collected from children under 18 or under the age of majority in their jurisdiction.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND SERVICES
Old School Gamers (OSG)
We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any privacy concerns.